Friday, November 30, 2012

Gear - Nov., 2012 - Hammock Gear Incubator Underquilt

I received my Hammock Gear Incubator Underquilt on March 15, 2012. The weather turned warm that weekend and we went on to have one of the hottest, driest summers ever here in the Chicago area. So, I have not had the chance to really field test this item, but I decided to go ahead and post up the initial review of the underquilt.
Manufacturer: Hammock Gear - www.hammockgear.com
Model: Incubator Underquilt with 2 0z of 900 fill power down overstuff
Website Specs: Season 20*F   L (in.) 78        W (in.) 44                                Loft (in.) 3.5"             
Wt. (oz.) 22.5              Down Wt. (oz.) 12      Down Fill Power 900+          
Shell Material 1.1 oz. Ripstop w/DWR          Baffles 9 Diff.            Const 2" Baffles
Features: Full length. Tapered ends. Dual Diff'l Cut Radial Baffle 800+ / 900+ Fill Temp Rating 20* / 15*

The HG underquilts come with standard draft tubes at each end. The Incubator I have has a tapered leg cut that allows it to fit a bit more snugly on my Warbonnet Blackbird hammock. This UQ is very well made. The craftsmanship is extremely high. The UQ is too warm for summer. I post below video which shows 1 - my initial impressions and 2 - my first outdoor deployment.

*Field test results to follow in coming weeks*

FIRST IMPRESSIONS - RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX



FIRST OUTDOOR DEPLOYMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment