Friday, November 30, 2012

Kankakee River State Park

Kankakee River State Park - 03-10-12

On Saturday, March 10, 2012, my wife, Martha, came with me for a hike at Kankakee River State Park.  The sun was shining brightly and the wind was blowing steady on a fine spring day!  There was not a cloud to be seen all afternoon!

We had a great time walking along the bicycle trail on the north side of the river.  We never did find the historical markers mentioned in the park brochure.  But after we got home, we realized that we had walked the wrong way to see those markers.

I got my pack weight down to 26 pounds this time and I can see more weight savings in the future.  My overall weight was 32 pounds including all the clothes I was wearing and the little video camera and tripod I use.

Anyway, it sure was fun to have company on my second hike of the endeavor.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment